August 11, 2014

Who Says You Can't Have A Chocolate Milkshake...


Over the course of the past few years, I have eliminated dairy, refined sugar, and gluten from my daily food options. Initially it was hard to find desserts that tasted rich and decadent. But recently I developed one of my most favorite treats that actually serves up a healthy dose of vitamins and other good stuff that Dr. Oz tells us we need in our diet.

Few people can say they don't love the marriage of chocolate and mint together. I also happen to love a milkshake, and finally have found just the right ingredients that come pretty darn close to duplicating the rich goodness of my favorite frozen guilty pleasure. Oh! And it's only 300 calories. Curious? I thought so. Without further ado, here's my newest craze. Indulge and let me know what you think!

1 large frozen banana (1 1/2 if you are feeling especially crazy)
1 cup almond milk
3 heaping TBSP unsweetened cacao powder
1 heaping cup fresh mint
1 or 2 TBSP sweetener of your choice (I use coconut nectar, but you can also use agave)
1 TBSP cacao nibs

In a blender combine the first five ingredients. Once blended mix in the cacao nibs. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment