September 4, 2013

I Found My Way To Oz And I Didn't Want To Leave...


This summer I spent a lazy week in Cape Cod.  It was just as I expected; quaint sleepy towns with a sea of shingled bungalows, lobster rolls that did not disappoint, and quirky shops that you just can't find at your local mall.  As we checked into our shabby chic cottage in the heart of Barnstable, the proprietor of the inn gave me the 411 on a new boutique that had just opened down the street. The designer of a clothing line called Cupcake, which is a collection of high end clothing and accessories normally found in boutiques, is a local resident and recently opened a shop offering her line of clever designs at very reasonable wholesale prices!

I finally had some time on day three and decided to take a lap around Oz, leaving my husband and Labradoodle camped out in an Adirondack on the front porch. As I entered, it was like walking into my own little Oz experience.  The energy was fantastic, as the perfect balance of color, design, and fashion greeted me with open arms.  I knew it was going to be a special experience and I was right.  The designer of the avant-garde collection breezed by with a personal greeting, inviting me to enjoy and try anything and everything.

I took some photos of my special shopping adventure, as well as one with the eclectic designer, Brenda Lee.  It was a lovely experience, and I would highly recommend a visit if you ever find yourself in this beautiful part of the country.
   
















2 comments:

  1. But did you buy anything? asks your little sis.

    ReplyDelete