May 28, 2013

Is Thin Privilege Real...




Melissa Fabello has piqued my interest.  I just happened to catch her newest video, and it has continued to make me think.  Is there something to the concept of thin privilege?  I would say unequivocally, yes.      

With the birth of social media, we are all a tweet away from sending or receiving our innermost opinions relating to anything and everything.  It is common to hear how thin someone is, but you would never hear the morning shows discuss how bright and articulate young Hollywood has become.  Why?  Because all we seem to care about is the exterior.  The best hair, nails, clothes, makeup, diet, abs, blah, blah, blah....

I genuinely like what Ms. Fabello has to say.  She's right.  There is definitely thin privilege in this country, and the issue doesn't seem to be going away any time soon.

Thoughts?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPETV_Jw1XU

No comments:

Post a Comment